As the spring arrives in the Allentown area and trees, grass and plant pollen fill the air, many allergy sufferers will spend more time inside their home. While the pollen levels are lower indoors, overall air quality can actually be far lower indoors. The reason is our homes are tightly sealed, trapping allergens like dust, pet dander, mold, cooking fumes and household chemicals. Dirty air ducts and furnace filters can make the air even unhealthier.
To keep the air in your home as clean and healthy as possible, Maitz Home Services recommends taking the following steps:
- Have your carpets and window coverings professionally cleaned at least once a year
- Change your furnace air filter at least once every month
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filtration system
- Keep windows closed during the day if possible, this is when airborne pollen levels tend to be highest
- Maintain proper humidity levels using a humidifier or dehumidifier to manage moisture levels if needed
If their are family members with severe allergies or respiratory problems, consider installing a high efficiency air cleaner. Whole-home air cleaners works with your central heating and cooling system, employing a sophisticated media filter to capture and remove dust, pet dander, mold spores, dust mites, viruses, pollen, bacteria, smoke, odors and more. The key to effective air filtration is the use of a polarized-Media electronic air cleaners. As microscopic sub-micron particles and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) enter the filter, they become polarized. The polarized particles get larger as they join together with other polarized particles and collect on a disposable low-static polarized media pad with an activated charcoal center screen.
This allergy season start enjoying the cleanest air possible, with a whole house air filtration system installed by Maitz Home Services. Call today for an in home consultation.